Last Updated June 07, 2021
Ringle English Education Services Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company" “RINGLE”) is required to comply with the provisions of the relevant laws and regulations on personal information protection, such as the Communication Confidentiality Protection Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Act on Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection. We are committed to protecting the rights and interests of our "members" by establishing a personal information processing policy in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
RINGLE enacts and enforces a personal information processing policy to protect the personal information of "members" and to smoothly handle complaints related to personal information.
When RINGLE revises a personal information processing policy, RINGLE Immediately posts changes to the homepage(ringleplus.com) or notify them by member’s individual email.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Our use of your information is subject to our “Privacy Notice for California Residents”, which is available HERE
. If you are a California resident, please refer to that document for information on how we collect and use your personal information, and your rights under California law.
Article 1 Collection Items of Personal Information, Purpose of Use and Collection Method
RINGLE shall not use the personal information of "members" beyond the scope of the notice set out in this article except by the consent of the "member" or by the provisions of laws and regulations. The purpose of utilizing collected personal information is as follows.
1. Membership Management: Confirmation of the identity of the member by the use of the membership service, identification of the individual, illegal use of the bad member and prevention of unauthorized use, restriction of the number of joining and subscribing, confirmation of the legal representative, providing up-to-date information such as age verification, complaint handling, and civil affairs consultation processing.
2. Implementation of contracts and settlement of fees: Providing all learning services and contents, payment of service fees, delivery of goods, provision of financial services, collection of fees, etc.
3. Use in marketing and advertising: development and advancement of new services, delivery of advertisement information such as events, provision of services according to demographic characteristics, and advertisement.
4. Collection and use for cause identification and handling in case of an accident
Article 2 Personal Information Collection Items
The following information will be collected to identify members when members sign up.
- Item: Name, e-mail(ID), password, subscription authentication information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), legal representative information for under 14 years.
We can collect additional information to provide you with a smooth customer consultation and personalized service.
- Items: English name, contact information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), authentication information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), job and role, time zone of residence, whether or not to receive mail, course information, and event news.
Additional information and additional services may be collected after obtaining the user's consent only to the user of the service during the use of the service or the event application.
- College Student, Graduate Student Discount: Certificate of enrollment or student ID,
- Feedback and recording and corrections on english use provided after the end of lesson
The following information may be automatically generated and collected during the process of using the service or processing the business.
- Connection IP information, cookies, payment records, access logs, service usage records, bad usage records
The following payment information may be collected during the use of paid services.
- Credit card payment: Name of card, card number, cardholder's date of birth, expiration date, etc.
- When transferring money: Bank name, Depositor’s name, account number, etc.
The Company collects personal information in the following ways:
Sign up and edit information
Telephone, messenger, offline personal consultation
Provision from affiliates
Auto collection through information collection tool
CalOPPA DISCLOSURE & TRACKING: We do not currently respond to web browser “Do Not Track” settings that allow you to opt-out of information collection.
Article 3 Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
RINGLE may retain and use the personal information of "members" collected while "member" maintains membership, and shall not be liable for any loss or expulsion of the "member" Delete and destroy collected member information. However, despite the withdrawal or loss of qualification of a "Member", the following information will be retained for the period specified below for the following reasons:
1. Retain information by RINGLE’s internal policy
- Retention items: name, email address (ID), phone number, lesson log
- Preservation grounds: Restriction on re-entry and confirmation of service duplication
- Retention period: 1 year after membership withdrawal
2. Reason for holding information by relevant laws and regulations
If it is necessary to preserve in accordance with relevant laws and regulations such as commercial law, consumer protection law in e-commerce, etc., the company keeps the member information for a certain period determined by related laws and regulations. In this case, the company uses the information it keeps only for the purpose of keeping it, and the preservation period is as follows.
Records on contract or withdrawal of subscription (record of consumer identification information, contract, withdrawal of subscription, etc.) - Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce etc. - 5 years
Record of payment and goods supply - Act on consumer protection in electronic commerce - 5 years
Records on complaints and disputes of consumers - Act on consumer protection in electronic commerce - 3 years
Records on the collection, processing and use of credit information - Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information - 3 years
Web site visit history (log, IP, etc.) - Communication secret protection law - 3 months
3. Retention of dormant members' information
If a member does not log in for more than one year (365 days) from the last access date, the ID of the member becomes "Inactive Member" and the use of all services including member login is suspended; the “dormant member" is managed separately from other IDs. RINGLE will inform the member of the fact by email 30 days before the scheduled date of "inactive member", and the member will confirm his / her identity directly on RINGLE site (ringleplus.com). The member can use the service normally again as soon as you apply for a termination of dormancy.
Article 4 Veto of Consent
"Member" has the right to refuse consent to the collection and use of personal information. However, if you refuse to consent to the minimum collection and use of personal information necessary for the signing of a contract, you shall not use the RINGLE content and services (whether you are a person or not). If you refuse to consent to the collection, you may not receive information about the event or benefit, or you may incur disadvantages such as giving gifts, promotional items, or discounts.
Article 5 Procedures and Methods of Destroying Personal Information
In principle, RINGLE destroys without delay when the purpose of collection and use of user's personal information are achieved. The procedure and method of personal information destruction of RINGLE is as follows.
The information that the "member" inputs for signup etc. is destroyed after a certain period of time according to the internal policy and other related laws and regulations (see the period of possession and use) after the purpose is achieved. The information shall not be used for any purpose other than those held by law unless otherwise provided by law.
In the case where the retention period of personal information has elapsed, it is recognized that the processing of personal information is unnecessary when the personal information is unnecessary, such as attaining the processing purpose of the personal information, abolishing the corresponding service, ending the business, we will destroy the personal information from each day without delay (within 5 days unless there is a legitimate reason)
- Personal information printed on paper is crushed by a crusher or destroyed by incineration.
- Personal information in the form of electronic files can be deleted using technical methods that can not be recovered or reproduced.
Article 6 Right of Members and Legal Representatives and How to Act
1. "Member" may read or modify the personal information of "Member" at any time, and may refuse to accept or cancel membership (withdrawal) if the user does not consent to the processing of personal information of RINGLE.
2. To view and modify personal information of "Member", please click "Edit My Information" and click "Delete Account" to cancel the membership (withdrawal of consent) or withdrawal is possible. If you contact us by phone, email, or personal information protection department, we will take action without delay.
3. Only members who are 14 years of age or older are allowed to register. In principle, we do not collect personal information of children under the age of 14 who need the consent of a legal representative to collect and use personal information.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN: Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us, and we strictly comply with the FTC’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (“COPPA”). Our Services are not directed to, or meant for persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13, or allow them to register accounts. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, or any user has provided information of or about any person under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our systems. Do not submit any Personal Information to us if you are under the age of 13, or any information of, or about, persons under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian and you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you should contact us immediately at RINGLE customer service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact functionality we provide through your account or on the Site to request we delete your child’s information.
Article 7 Installation, Operation and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection
RINGLE uses 'cookies' to store and retrieve your information from time to time to provide personalized and customized services. Cookies are small text files that are sent to your browser by the server used to run the website and are stored on your computer's hard disk. This information is only stored when "Member" provides information, can not obtain information not provided by "Member", and can not access other files stored on the computer. The purpose of the cookie and how to decline the cookie setting are as follows.
The purpose of the cookie
It is used to provide information optimized for users by analyzing the usage patterns (frequency of access, visit time, and service interest) of members and site visitors.
Installing / operating cookies
1) "Member" has the option to install cookies. Therefore, "Membership" may allow all cookies by setting options in the web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies. However, if "member" declines to install cookies, it may be difficult to provide some services that require login.
2) How to set whether to install cookies is as follows.
- Internet Explorer: Tools ; Internet Options ; Privacy
- Google Chrome: Settings ; Advanced Settings ; Privacy
Article 8 Technical / Administrative Protection Measures of Personal Information
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure the safety of personal information in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information in handling users' personal information.
1. Password management
The password of "Member" ID is known only to you, and you can check and change your password only by yourself who knows the password.
2. Measures against hacking
RINGLE installs a security program to prevent leakage and damage of personal information caused by hacking or computer viruses, periodically updates and checks the system, and technically and physically monitors and blocks the system.
3. Minimization and training of handling staff
The company's personal information personnel are limited to the person in charge and are given a separate password for this purpose. They are regularly updated, and we constantly emphasize compliance with the RINGLE’s personal information processing policy through on-the-job training.
4. Establishment and enforcement of internal management plan
We have established and implemented an internal management plan for the safe handling of personal information.
5. Access restriction on personal information processing system
We take necessary measures to control access to personal information through granting, modifying, and deleting access rights to the database system that handles personal information. We also control unauthorized access from outside by using an intrusion prevention system. However, the company does not take any responsibility for the problems caused by leakage of personal information such as ID, password and social security number due to user's carelessness or problems on the Internet.
Article 9 Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of the State of California, U.S.A., your Personal Information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Our use of your information is fully intended to fully comply with the CCPA. Please consult our RINGLE “Privacy Notice for California Residents” (the “CCPA Notice”) for more information on additional rights and protections you have under the CCPA regarding your Personal Information.
Article 10 Notice Regarding International Transfer of Information
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers and systems located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Article 11 Links to Other Sites
Our Services may provide links to other websites. If you click on another third-party link, you will be directed to that third-party's website. The fact that we link to a third-party website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third-party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Article 12 Personal Information Manager and Contact Person
You can report all complaints related to personal information generated by RINGLE service to your personal information manager. RINGLE will respond promptly to the "Member's" report.
Personal information manager: Sungpah Lee
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 13 Obligation of Notification